Here’s my list of the best spas in Paris. Some are in very luxurious environments such as five-star hotels. I have included French skin care specialists like Anne Semonin, Joelle Ciocco and Esthederm because French women are fanatics about skin care, and this city is home to a dazzling variety of places that offer facials and effective skin care products.
(1) Six Senses Spa: massages, facials, body treatments in a cozy, cocoon-like environment near the Place Vendome and Jardin de Tuileries. 3 rue de Castiglione, 75001 Paris (metro: Tuileries).
(2) Harnn & Thann Spa: a Thai beauty brand that has come to Paris to bring traditional Thai massage, beauty treatments and reflexology. I used Harnn & Thann products when I was in Bangkok and they’re fabulous. 11 rue Moliere, 75001 Paris (metro: Pyramides).
(3) Anne Semonin: one of the best places to get a facial in Paris, Anne Semonin has developed her own line of treatments to bring radiance to the face and body. In addition to facials, you can get massages and body treatments. 2, rue des Petits-Champs, 75002 Paris (metro: Bourse).
(4) Dior Institut: this luxury spa at the Plaza Athenee hotel has a sauna, steam bath, tea room and relaxation lounge. They offer face and body treatments for men and women using Dior skin care products. Plaza Athenee, 25 avenue Montaigne, 75008 Paris (metro: Alma-Marceau).
(5) Les Bains du Marais: an oasis of calm in the middle of the Marais, this spa-hammam recreates the atmosphere of the luxurious oriental bath with eucalyptus scents and atmospheric rooms. Facial treatments, massages, hammam, waxing services. 31, rue des Blanc-Manteaux, 75004 Paris (metro: Rambuteau).
(6) Le Royal Monceau–Raffles Paris Spa (My Blend by Clarins): a haven of peace and relaxation in Le Royal Monceau, a five-star hotel. A paradise of pure white, this 1,500 square meter space includes a 23 meter pool, the largest ever built in a Paris luxury hotel. The exclusive treatments, relaxation rooms including a hammam, laconium room and sauna, and dedicated fitness coaches make this spa a temple of tailor-made luxury. 37 avenue Hoche, 75008 Paris (metro: Charles de Gaulle-Etoile).
(7) Centre de Soins Joelle Ciocco: Located in a cozy apartment above the boutique, this spa uses the effective skin care products developed by Joelle Ciocco, a biochemist. You’ll come out of this spa with glowing skin. 8, place de la Madeleine, 75008 Paris (metro: Madeleine); phone: 01 42 60 58 80.
(8) Spa at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel: one of the largest, most luxurious spas in Paris, featuring a 14-meter swimming pool, the spa at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, which opened recently, offers face and body treatments including Guerlain spa facials.
(9) Espace Bien-Etre by Esthederm at the Hotel Bel Ami: Cozy spa dedicated to facials and beauty treatments using Esthederm products. 7 rue St. Benoit, 75006 Paris (metro: St. Germain des Pres).
(10) Aquamoon: A sanctuary of serenity on the place Vendome, Aquamoon offers facials, beauty treatments and massages including an “iyashi dome” treatment where you lie inside a device developed in Japan, which blasts you with infrared rays and purports to make you lose weight and detoxify your body. 19, place Vendome, 75001 Paris (metro: Opera).